Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pikes Peek 10K

Of all the wonderful places to play in this area the last place you'd think of is Rockville Pike, unless you enjoy heinous traffic, fast food and strip malls - except for today. Today was the Pikes Peek 10K which begins at the Shady Grove Metro Station and ends at White Flint Mall. There's hardly anything more fun than being able to run smack down the middle of one of the busiest roads in the region. Besides, it's a net downhill race so it's fast and easy to PR, which I did, which is sweet.


Highlights of the day: Meeting Margaret Valega, a fellow Poolesville resident who runs just a bit faster than me and is also doing the First Time Marathon Program through MCRRC. New running friends are priceless! Seeing my family at the finish line was the best! I do know what it takes for them to get up at the crack of dawn to stand in the cold waiting to cheer me on for just a few seconds and I'm beyond grateful.

1 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the 10K! And thanks for giving me a few brief memories of home :)

    ReplyDelete